We are excited to announce our #GoTheDistanceCanada Challenge! Now, more than ever, it’s so important to stay healthy and active which is why we are launching this challenge – to encourage our teams to stay fit and have some fun. Physical activity can be a great stress reliever and even going for a short walk can help clear your mind so you can refocus.
Using a specified point system, we are our challenging all FirstOnSite employees to “walk” all the way across Canada – 7,821 km to be exact! It doesn’t matter how you earn your kilometers, all that matters is you get active!
Here’s what you need to know:
- The challenge officially kicks off on May 14 with the first weekly activity submission deadline being Thursday, May 21. We anticipate the event going as long as six weeks though it could end sooner.
- Track your weekly physical activity and use the provided chart to determine your points for the week. The week runs from Friday – Thursday.
- You can keep track of your activity by using a pedometer, activity tracker, or cell phone app.
- Submit your points by 11:59 pm Eastern each Thursday. (Submit points here)
- Share images on social and use the hashtags #GoTheDistanceCanada and #FirstOnSite.
- You are competing as a region as well as individually and we will provide weekly leaderboard updates on Fridays.
- Regional winner – The first region to make it across Canada wins bragging rights!
- Individual winners – The person with the most activity points in each region will win a paid day off! (One winner per region, five winners total)
CAN YOU GO THE DISTANCE?