Event Highlight: Take the Planned Green Challenge!
We all want to do our part to help our environment. What if there was a way we could help the environment AND help provide a park bench made from recycled materials to a school or park? Well there is, and Planned Companies is inviting you to join a unique program that lets people do just that!
NexTrex is an innovative program created by Trex, one of the leading providers of composite and wood-alternative decking projects.
The concept is simple: Participating organizations who take the NexTrex challenge set a goal to collect more than 500 pounds of plastic refuse over a six-month period. This equates to approximately 40,500 plastic bags. When that goal is reached, Trex will donate a high-performance composite bench to a school or community park!
This challenge is open to everyone in the FirstService family of companies in the US.
Here’s how it works:
For a complete list of what plastic materials are eligible for recycling, click here.
- Visit the event on Volunteer Hub to sign up. After you sign up you will receive an email with a link to a survey that you will need to complete each time you drop off your plastic refuse. Save the email or bookmark the survey link!
- The event listing includes information on where to drop off your plastic material, and you can also access that here.
(Trex has partnered with retailers across the United States, so there is bound to be a location near you!)
- Gather your recyclables and weigh them. If you are unable to weigh them, use your best guess on the weight in ounces
- Drop off your plastic materials
- Complete our short survey to record your contribution
- Continue gathering and dropping off plastic refuse until the program wraps up at the end of August.